Sunday, April 4, 2010

Please Help Me, If You Can't Then Do Me A Favor And Leave The Room

I absolutely needed
ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate, and strawberries,
in order to write this research paper
Due tomorrow-
the more sugar the better.
I was in need of
Motivation,
but people kept distracting me instead.
Music was blasting in the other room,
Goo goo dolls at the moment,
a dance party perhaps
or my suitemate trying to be annoying?
I was annoyed anyways.
I decided to get some fresh air.
Right after, I changed my mind
I decided to go for a walk.
Where the walk
would take me
I wasn't sure.
All of a sudden,
I didn't care anymore.
Stress-
was ripping my skin apart,
producing headaches
making me feel old and restless.
Fifteen minutes later into the walk
I decide I had had enough
and started going back to my room
when a friend called with a problem.
I decided I should visit him.
I talked too much
I needed sugar.
“Have you taken your medication?”
my friend asks.

No comments:

Post a Comment